Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rochester, WA to Home


View Larger Map

Tuesday, August 7th

From Rochester, WA I drove to Weed, CA 466 miles, starting at 7:30 am and arriving at 6 pm. I was going to stop in Grants Pass, OR but when I got there it was only 2:30 and too early to stop. It was 91 when I reached Weed but with a nice breeze it was OK especially with hookups and air conditioning.

Mt. Shasta towers over Weed and it was completely free of clouds (a little hazy) and there is not much snow left on the top. Coming into California from Yreka on to Mt Shasta City the mountain is there to welcome you.

Wednesday, August 8th

Both Sadie and I were ready to be home so we got on the road at 8:05 and didn't look back. We were on track to be home by 1:15 to 1:30 but not more than 35-40 miles from home there was a head on accident on the two lane road and traffic came to a stop. After about a 1/2 hour and most ahead of me turning around I moved forward and was ask to turn around if I could as it would be closed for hours. There were driveways blocked by gates on each side of the road leading to fields. With someone in front and another watching the rear I managed to get the truck and trailer turned around by backing up, pulling forward about 5 or 6 times before I could complete the turn.

We drove 84-8500 miles and the only accident is 35-40 miles from home.

We arrived about 2 pm after traveling 286 miles. The first thing Sadie did was find her tennis ball and wanted to play ball! She is happy.

More to come after Linda gets home on Sunday and we regroup.

No pictures as I was focused on putting miles behind me.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safe and sound. I will miss the pictures and the great travel log! You and Linda need to start a 2nd career and write travel logs!
    Hope all is improving daily with Emily and Charlie.
    Love to you all,
    Jan H

    ReplyDelete